kvale

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The reason I am awake a 1:30 a.m.

Kks refuses to take a nap these days. She is reminding me of me in my youth. I didn't want to miss anything. I found sleep (still do) overrated. After being a total spaz for 7-9 hours in child care, she falls asleep in the car on the way home about 80 percent of the time. About half of those times I can't get her to wake up. Because I was tired as well today and wanted kks to not worry about Mommy's absence, I put her in my bed. This kid is a thrasher. For someone less than four feet tall, she has the ability to take up the entire queen size bed. I don't know how she does it--but here I am writing, while the little girl is in blissful slumber.

I must go back to sleep. I'm exhausted--and gaining much more sympathy for my beloved and what she deals with when I am out of town. I know the work of single parenthood is not easy--it is important that I do not forget how difficult it is.

Nighty night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home