kvale

Friday, November 11, 2005

The joy of a simple day

Fred Rogers has calmed down kks, something her mother and I were not able to do this morning. Two time outs, lots of tears, and a series of doing things not quite right. The reflective questions are starting to register, though. I like these conversations with kks. I imagine that when she finally becomes able to put together long sentences I will wish for days when I did not know what she was saying. I hope I don't become a parent that dreads the teenage years.

Today is going to be a simple day. It is supposed to be 67 degrees here in the Sioux Falls metro--I think we will go for a run together, play at the park and go to the the fine cinematic production Chicken Little. kks is not running long distances yet--we picked up a baby jogger last month. I like these simple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home