kvale

Friday, November 04, 2005

The seed has sprouted

On a crisp autumn morning, kks and I went out to the driveway to try out our new hockey sticks. This activity held her attention better than putting in the basement as I attempted last winter. She enjoyed gripping the hockey stick--she only tried to hit the hockey ball a few times--it was a bit awkward to maneuver a stick taller than her. She rolled the ball to me after a few tries and liked how I would collect the ball and shoot it toward a small goal I set up in front of the garage. The lesson for the day was simple: keep your stick down. This rule was beginning to register after awhile. It helped that it was cute how she said "hockey."

The play time we have these days is much more connectional for me--it is a new thing for kks to enjoy something I would like to do. It is also fun to participate in her developing interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home